Friday, September 13, 2013

It's Friday the 13th...What Movie Would You Watch?

Vin Diesel's "The Pacifier"? Oops, that's not a horror movie. Or...is it?

Finally hitting blu ray and dvd, for the first time ever, the complete bloody history of one Jason Voorhees: Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection.
The set comes with all 12 movies, a 40-pg Crystal Lake Memories book, embroidered Crystal Lake Counselor patch and a bonus disk. Total of 10 discs in a hinged metal embossed tin. The discs are housed in page-sleeves bound into a booklet that is held closed by a red fabric band that reads "I told the others, they didn't believe me. You're all doomed".
It should be noted that the last 5 movies in the "original" series weren't available on blu until now.












I'll admit I'm not a huge Jason fan but I did grow up watching (or sorta watching while peeking from behind my hands) the iconic hockey-masked slasher. And as a guy, I begin to sorta wonder how Jason would kill the next crop of dopey teenagers who tried to have sex at Camp Crystal Lake.
Also, I'm not one to collect these movies one-by-one on blu, especially since the latter half belonged to another studio and who knew when those would get released? So it was very cool that both Paramount and Warner Bros were good enough to join forces to bring us the whole franchise, including the newer reboot (bleh).








Now alot of fans out there are complaining that these won't be the uncut versions, like the previous couple of DVD releases but for me that's OK. It would've cost more money to either dig up the uncut version (no pun intended, Jason) or reassemble footage into a new cut and this collection would cost MORE money than it already does. In fact, Random is probably rolling hie eyes right now because I caved and bought this. I'm just burning the Mastercard here. (See also my $139 Girls' Generation splurge)

And for the life of me, I do not know why the bonus disk is a DVD...in a blu ray set. no less.

Anyhow, there it is. The collection is supposed to be released on 9/13/13...but who's gonna tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment