Monday, September 9, 2013

CHRISTMAS COMES EARLY: SNSD JAPAN RELEASES IN SEPT!

Hey people (all 3 of you), my Kpop craziness will kick into gear towards the end of this month with 2 releases from my favorite Kpop group: Girls' Generation, a.k.a. So Nuyh Shi Dae, a.k.a. SNSD...whew.

With a Japan release date of Sept 18, we'll get a double-whammy (or in my case a triple whammy) of releases with Girls' Generation releasing a new 2-track single, "Galaxy Supernova", c/w "Do the Catwalk", both non-album tracks (as was the earlier release "Girls & Peace"/"Lingua Franca" single).

There will be 2 editions available, one with a DVD containing the music video for "Galaxy Supernova" and one without. Guess which one I ordered?
Limited Edition DVD-style case.
Also debuting that day will be both DVD and Blu-ray versions of their "Girls Generation II: Girls & Peace 2nd Japan Tour". This one is the money sucking monster, as both will come with photobooks but they will be DIFFERENT for each format. So, I bite the bullet as usual.

Blu-ray packaging.
These are considered the "Limited Editions", as only one of each can be ordered per format, per customer. The LE Blu ray is already sold out/out of print but there are a few LE DVDs still available. And, of course, ebay will probably have some stock...
It should be noted that this version of the concert is longer than the WOWOW broadcast with the addition of 4 or more songs.

DVD packaging.


I'll probably be giving a full review of these releases once my heart rate becomes normal after receiving these items.

Update: From Taeyeon's Instagram, pics of the actual items!!
I'm so excited !!!

So anyway, I touched on the subject of "You snooze, you lose" earlier and it was part of a situation that, until recently, I was kicking my own ass about. My life circa 2010, "Year One" as I call it, saw the release of SNSD's first Japanese single, "Genie".
 I wasn't really paying attention to the Japan information as I was really caught just trying to get CAUGHT UP in Kpop. By the time I got wind of the release, it was 2 weeks away and guess what? Everyone was "sold out"...all preorders were closed. There were 3 versions available but I wanted the "Limited Edition" and so of course that version sold out first.

Since then I'd been checking ebay for availability but in 2010 it was going $200 - $300...and if it was autographed...you might as well have signed over your paycheck for that month. In the last couple of months it seemed to stabilize but never dropping below the $150 mark. So I figured it was time to take the plunge.

Its been pretty slow on the new release front, which is a good thing because it gives us Kpop fans time to replenish the funds. So I caved in a bought the Limited Edition of SNSD's 1st Japanese single "Genie" and I can finally stop kicking myself for missing it the first time. Needless to say, I have immediately jumped on every preorder that's come up since and have been a very happy yet broke  fan.

Of course, with the release of "Galaxy Supernova" and the DVD & Blu ray of the 2nd Japan Tour, PLUS the anticipated Korean comeback later this year, the SNSD machine is gearing up once more...

No comments:

Post a Comment